Unlike perfume oils that simply smell good, Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG) or medical grade essential oils have the complete optimal blend of plant chemicals to ensure maximum potency and results. To get started using essential oils, follow the guide below, along with the individual instructions on each label or give me a call to answer your questions, to experience their health-enhancing benefits.
- Direct Inhalation ~ Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects on the body. Directly inhale the oil from the bottle.
- Diffusion ~ Use Young Living’s Essential Oil Diffuser to disperse oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air.
- Humidifier ~ Fill a humidifier with water then place a tissue or cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping vapor. (Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may damage your humidifier.)
- Steam ~ Place a few drops of oil in hot water, cover your head and the container in a tent-like fashion with a towel, and breathe deeply and slowly.
- Direct ~ Essential oils can be applied directly to the crown of the head, to the temples, behind the ears, over vital organs, to the feet, and many other locations. Dilution may be required. Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 2–3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area. If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin. Repeat if desired. Caution: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply Young Living’s V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex to the area to dilute. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
- Massage ~ Essential oils can be used before, during, and after therapeutic massage.
- Perfume ~ With natural, earthy, and exotic aromas, essentials oils can also be worn as perfume.
Internal Use — Some essential oils make excellent food flavorings or dietary supplements. To take essential oils internally, try these tips:
- Capsule ~ Add several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
- Water or Milk ~ Add 1–2 drops of oil to a glass of water or rice milk.
- Bread ~ Add 1–2 drops of oil on a piece of bread.
- Cooking ~ Use oils in place of herbs and spices in your everyday cooking.
- Blue Agave ~ Add 1–2 drops of essential oil into a teaspoon of Young Living’s Blue Agave sweetener.
- Direct ~ Drop directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.
Purchase Young Living Essential Oils or contact Diana Ewald, Independent Distributor 534462 at 407.399.8562, or contact the person who introduced you to Young Living.
Don’t expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade essential oils and supplements. Also each person is different so they may not work as well for you as it does for others so try another oil or supplement that would work better for you. Essential oil testimonials are an effective way of learning and sharing. With this knowledge, we can take control of our own personal health. However, we are required by law to state: “These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.” Information provided here is in no way intended to replace proper medical help.